The Hoia-Baciu Forest is located near Cluj-Napoca, Romania and is locally referred to as the Bermuda Triangle of Romania. Hoia Baciu Forest has a reputation for paranormal activity. Reports have included, among others, folk ghost stories, apparitions, faces identified in photographs that were not visible with the naked eye, and, in the 1970s, UFO sightings. Visitors to the forest report anxiety and the feeling of being watched, and the local vegetation is oftentimes bizarre (strangely shaped trees, charring on tree stumps and branches).
The forest was named after a shepherd that disappeared in the area with two hundred sheep. Most people who live near the forest are afraid to enter. They believe that those who visit the site will never return. Many of the locals who have gone into the forest complain of physical harm, including rashes, nausea, vomiting, migraines, burns, scratches, anxiety, and other unusual bodily sensations.
This dense forest first gained notoriety in the late 1960s when biologist Alexandru Sift snapped several amazing photos of flying disc-shaped objects in the skies above the forest canopy.
People who enter the forest inexplicably get rashes or begin to feel very light-headed and become ill. Also electronic devices are known to inexplicably malfunction in the area. Some paranormal investigators associate these unknown malfunctioning with supernatural activity.
The Hoia-Baciu Forest has a reputation for paranormal activity. People have witnessed several strange events on the land. The most common phenomenon includes seeing mysterious orb-like lights, female voices, giggling, apparitions, and cases of people being scratched. In the 1970s, the area was a hotbed for UFO sighting and unexplained lights. Visitors to the forest have reported a strong sense of anxiety and the feeling of being watched. The local vegetation in the forest is bizarre and some trees hold an unexplained charring. On August 18, 1968, a military technician named Emil Barnea captured a famous photograph of a saucer-like object over the Hoia-Baciu Forest.
Some believe that the forest is the gateway to another dimension. Several stories are often told that exhibit people entering the forest and experiencing missing time with no recollection of how they spent that time. One such story focuses on a 5-year-old girl who wonders into the forest and gets lost. She reemerges from the forest 5 years older still wearing the untarnished clothes that she wore on the day she disappeared with no memory of where she had been.
Another story of the The Hoia-Baciu Forest is the site of strange paranormal phenomena which have been recorded and researched for nearly 50 years. The woods are thought to be notoriously haunted by the Romanian peasants who were murdered here. It is believed that the souls of these ghosts are trapped within the wooded confines of Hoia-Baciu and that the ghosts are enraged by their predicament. Within the dark interior, people have been known to disappear, strange lights have been seen, the wind seems to speak, and visions of these tormented spirits are observed by terrified travelers. Pairs of green eyes and a black fog have been observed here and many people report a feeling of being watched as they travel near the forest’s edge. Locals also believe that there is a hub for this paranormal activity— a circular plateau deep in the forest which is devoid of trees and which is thought to be the “home” of these ghosts (Pictured at the top). Photos taken here have been developed to reveal hovering shapes and outlines of human forms.
More recently the paranormal energy of the forest has taken on the form of poltergeist and ghost activity. In one paranormal television series an investigator in the forest is scratched and thrown on the ground, when he returned 2 years later, he was again attacked leaving his left ear bleeding from a broken eardrum. People also claim to see bright lights within the woods. This paranormal activity seems to be focused in an inexplicable clearing in the forest that is a vegetation dead zone. It is nearly a perfect circle in the woods where nothing will grow. Soil samples have been taken from the site and analyzed but results show that there is nothing in the soil that should prevent the growth of plant life.
- kawaiikocaine likes this
- theslenderchild reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- theslenderchild likes this
- dontrainonmyparadepleasethankyou likes this
- steelersfann reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- nightmarishthings reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- qwool likes this
- areyoureadyshadowman likes this
- basedb0oty likes this
- creepyalex reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- sklftubs reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- naivaxandco reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- naivaxandco likes this
- desert-gurl likes this
- psychedelic-outlooks reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- knowledgeistreasure reblogged this from creepypastaisrad
- musicaltantrums likes this
- babich04 likes this
- unhappy-bucket reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- unhappy-bucket likes this
- radioactive-veins reblogged this from is-he-blind
- is-he-blind reblogged this from asgardandbeyond
- malorfactor reblogged this from asgardandbeyond
- asgardandbeyond reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- danielrobertmiranda likes this
- leprechaundrunk likes this
- oceanparalysis reblogged this from creepypastaisrad
- oceanparalysis likes this
- toms-and-tan-lines likes this
- whoscaresyou likes this
- johnnyarcos reblogged this from creepypastaisrad
- insanelystableimagination likes this
- insanelystableimagination reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- jealousvirgin reblogged this from downtown1994
- downtown1994 reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- downtown1994 likes this
- oh-my-claude likes this
- chologlitter likes this
- marianasaldana likes this
- bewilderedbaozi likes this
- organsofsight likes this
- dinadisaster reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- albertdl reblogged this from fucklikeafairyon-acid
- fucklikeafairyon-acid reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- jenneeeeh likes this
- hellopiercetheveillover reblogged this from creepypastaisrad
- hellopiercetheveillover likes this
- thinkthenexist reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- toxic-rage reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- toxic-rage likes this