The Hoia-Baciu Forest is located near Cluj-Napoca, Romania and is locally referred to as the Bermuda Triangle of Romania. Hoia Baciu Forest has a reputation for paranormal activity. Reports have included, among others, folk ghost stories, apparitions, faces identified in photographs that were not visible with the naked eye, and, in the 1970s, UFO sightings. Visitors to the forest report anxiety and the feeling of being watched, and the local vegetation is oftentimes bizarre (strangely shaped trees, charring on tree stumps and branches).
The forest was named after a shepherd that disappeared in the area with two hundred sheep. Most people who live near the forest are afraid to enter. They believe that those who visit the site will never return. Many of the locals who have gone into the forest complain of physical harm, including rashes, nausea, vomiting, migraines, burns, scratches, anxiety, and other unusual bodily sensations.
This dense forest first gained notoriety in the late 1960s when biologist Alexandru Sift snapped several amazing photos of flying disc-shaped objects in the skies above the forest canopy.
People who enter the forest inexplicably get rashes or begin to feel very light-headed and become ill. Also electronic devices are known to inexplicably malfunction in the area. Some paranormal investigators associate these unknown malfunctioning with supernatural activity.
The Hoia-Baciu Forest has a reputation for paranormal activity. People have witnessed several strange events on the land. The most common phenomenon includes seeing mysterious orb-like lights, female voices, giggling, apparitions, and cases of people being scratched. In the 1970s, the area was a hotbed for UFO sighting and unexplained lights. Visitors to the forest have reported a strong sense of anxiety and the feeling of being watched. The local vegetation in the forest is bizarre and some trees hold an unexplained charring. On August 18, 1968, a military technician named Emil Barnea captured a famous photograph of a saucer-like object over the Hoia-Baciu Forest.
Some believe that the forest is the gateway to another dimension. Several stories are often told that exhibit people entering the forest and experiencing missing time with no recollection of how they spent that time. One such story focuses on a 5-year-old girl who wonders into the forest and gets lost. She reemerges from the forest 5 years older still wearing the untarnished clothes that she wore on the day she disappeared with no memory of where she had been.
Another story of the The Hoia-Baciu Forest is the site of strange paranormal phenomena which have been recorded and researched for nearly 50 years. The woods are thought to be notoriously haunted by the Romanian peasants who were murdered here. It is believed that the souls of these ghosts are trapped within the wooded confines of Hoia-Baciu and that the ghosts are enraged by their predicament. Within the dark interior, people have been known to disappear, strange lights have been seen, the wind seems to speak, and visions of these tormented spirits are observed by terrified travelers. Pairs of green eyes and a black fog have been observed here and many people report a feeling of being watched as they travel near the forest’s edge. Locals also believe that there is a hub for this paranormal activity— a circular plateau deep in the forest which is devoid of trees and which is thought to be the “home” of these ghosts (Pictured at the top). Photos taken here have been developed to reveal hovering shapes and outlines of human forms.
More recently the paranormal energy of the forest has taken on the form of poltergeist and ghost activity. In one paranormal television series an investigator in the forest is scratched and thrown on the ground, when he returned 2 years later, he was again attacked leaving his left ear bleeding from a broken eardrum. People also claim to see bright lights within the woods. This paranormal activity seems to be focused in an inexplicable clearing in the forest that is a vegetation dead zone. It is nearly a perfect circle in the woods where nothing will grow. Soil samples have been taken from the site and analyzed but results show that there is nothing in the soil that should prevent the growth of plant life.
- she-rexx reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- mentchtos likes this
- techno-nun likes this
- ch4pst1ck likes this
- chelsesaur likes this
- julyrainshowers likes this
- thetimeywimey reblogged this from homosexual-tendancies
- homingpidgeon likes this
- homosexual-tendancies reblogged this from imabreadstick
- homosexual-tendancies likes this
- imabreadstick reblogged this from majestic-beast-tamer
- angelafactor reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- majestic-beast-tamer reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- majestic-beast-tamer likes this
- asinnersdeath reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- iratherbeweird likes this
- maliciouswanderer reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- maliciouswanderer likes this
- groovysoull reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- groovysoull likes this
- savin-rock-n-roll-like-a-phoenix reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- lasupermodels likes this
- somethingnewand-unpredictable likes this
- pentagrammmar likes this
- xosadiegxo reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- weredumb reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- weredumb likes this
- taggedselfie likes this
- amber305 likes this
- thejudybitchxo likes this
- youcantspellkpopwithoutasdfghjkl likes this
- sunlightonmyshoulders reblogged this from fournipsoned and added:
- trippy-jordan reblogged this from bootypatroll
- trippy-jordan likes this
- pop-it-like-a-hood likes this
- bootypatroll reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- savypete97 reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit and added:
- savypete97 likes this
- nowanugget reblogged this from fournipsoned
- sunlightonmyshoulders likes this
- fookingrocketscientist likes this
- fournipsoned reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- si-elacantat reblogged this from mephisto-pheles
- mephisto-pheles reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- thisurliscompleteshit likes this
- pugnubz reblogged this from octojosh
- octojosh reblogged this from sinsationalx
- sinsationalx reblogged this from fledermausss
- hyukou reblogged this from hellyeacreepyshit
- fledermausss reblogged this from creepypastaisrad